Health care products, food additives, cosmetics additives, plastic additives
|Place of Origin:||CHINA|
|Brand Name:||Health Herb|
|Model Number:||food grade|
|Minimum Order Quantity:||25KGS|
|Delivery Time:||7 DAYS|
|Appearance:||White Crystal Powder||CAS:||29908-03-0|
We offer joint health powder S-adenosyl-l-methionine.
S-denosyl methionine(SAM), a biological compound participating in methyl group transfer, is present in all living cells. It is synthesized endogenously from adenosine triphosphate(ATP) and methionine adenosyl transferase. Transmethylation, transsulfuration and aminopropylation are the metabolic pathways that use SAM. Although these anabolic reactions occur throughout the body, most SAM is produced and consumed in the liver. The activated methyl group(CH3)in SAM allows donation of this group to an acceptor substrate in transmethylation reactions. More than 40 metabolic reactions involve the transfer of a methyl group of SAM to various substrates such as nucleic acids, proteins and lipids
1. S-Adenosyl-L-methionine (SAMe) is a coenzyme involved in methyl group transfers. It is made from adenosine triphosphate (ATP) and methionine by methionine adenosyltransferase.
2. The methyl group (CH3) attached to the methionine sulfur atom in SAMe is chemically reactive. This allows donation of this group to an acceptor substrate in transmethylation reactions.
3. In bacteria, SAMe is bound by the SAMe riboswitch, which regulates genes involved in methionine or cysteine biosynthesis.
4. Another major role of S-Adenosylmethionine is in polyamine biosynthesis. Here, SAMe is decarboxylated by adenosylmethionine decarboxylase (EC 22.214.171.124) to form S-adenosyl-5'-3-methylpropylamine. This compound then donates its n-propylamine group in the biosynthesis of polyamines such as spermidine and spermine from putrescine.
5. S-Adenosylmethionine is required for cellular growth and repair. It is also involved in the biosynthesis of several hormones and neurotransmitters that affect mood, such as dopamine and serotonin.
6. In the United States, S-Adenosylmethionine is sold as a nutritional supplement under the marketing name SAMe-e (also spelled SAMe or SAMe). Some research has indicated that taking SAMe on a regular basis help fight depression, liver disease, and the pain of osteoarthritis. Multiple clinical trials indicate benefits for depression, some liver conditions and osteoarthritis.
|Assay by HPLC||99.8%|
|Appearance||White fine powder|
|Mesh size||100% pass 80 mesh|
|Solubility||Soluble in water|
|Loss on drying%||≤2.0%|
|Heavy metals||<30 ppm|
|Total Plate Count||<1000cfu/g|